Temporary, December 2008 to January 2010
The Middlesex-London Health Unit has a temporary opportunity for a full-time Program Evaluator to work in Research, Education, Evaluation, and Development Services. The successful candidate will work with managers and program staff at the Health Unit, and their community partners to develop, implement, and evaluate programs and services.
- Identify preferred methodology, develop evaluation plans, collect and analyze data, and produce reports
- Disseminate results including presentations of evaluation findings and facilitate the application of findings to practice
- Provide evaluation consultations
- Other duties as assigned
- Master's degree in health sciences or a related discipline
- Well developed project management and program evaluation skills
- Knowledge and experience with both qualitative and quantitative research methodologies, including critical appraisal skills
- Very good computer skills, with the ability to use research relevant computer and analytical tools, including databases/data, statistical packages, and Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- The ability to communicate in French or other languages would be considered an asset
Please see http://www.healthunit.com for further information about our programs and services. Please apply by October 10, 2008, quoting position number PEFTREEDOPP-0908/01, to:
Human Resources Dept.,
Middlesex-London Health Unit,
50 King Street
London, ON N6A 5L7
The Middlesex-London Health Unit is located at the forks of the Thames River in the heart of London. London is the geographic center of Southwestern Ontario, strategically located at the junction of Highways 401 and 402, is less than a two-hour drive from Windsor, Detroit, Toronto and Buffalo, and only an hour from the Grand Bend resort area on the shores of Lake Huron. The City of London is also the home of The University of Western Ontario and Fanshawe College.
Information concerning applicants is collected under the authority of the Health Protection & Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H-7, as amended, and will be used to consider suitability for employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Mission of the Middlesex-London Health Unit, a teaching health unit, is to promote wellness, prevent disease and injury, and protect the public's health through the delivery of public health programs, services and research.