Temporary 6 months
This temporary opportunity for a full-time Epidemiologist will report to the Associate Medical Officer of Health / Director of Communicable Disease and Sexual Health Services. The Communicable Disease Epidemiologist is responsible for increasing the Health Unit's ability to monitor and manage infectious diseases and outbreaks. The Epidemiologist analyzes relevant data and supports staff members in appropriately managing and understanding epidemiologic information related to communicable diseases and sexual health.
- a Masters in Epidemiology and experience in applied epidemiology; previous experience in public health would be considered an asset
- knowledge of current public health issues
- demonstrated skills in the theory and application of epidemiological concepts, trend analysis, forecasting, and quality assurance principles
- knowledge of health data sources and statistical packages
- experience using statistical software such as SAS, SPSS, Epi-Info, and familiarity with other software packages and programming languages currently used to collect, analyze and report epidemiological data in Ontario; good skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- ability to communicate effectively, prepare written reports, and make oral presentations, including the ability to summarize complex data into understandable, user-friendly explanations and formats
- effective project management skills and experience
- the ability to communicate in French or other languages would be considered an asset
Please see http://www.healthunit.com for further information about our programs and services.
The position will begin on or about November 3, 2008. Please apply by October 10, 2008, quoting position #EPICDSHOpp-0908/01, to:
Human Resources Dept.,
Middlesex-London Health Unit,
50 King Street
London ON N6A 5L7
Information concerning applicants is collected under the authority of the Health Protection & Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H-7, as amended, and will be used to consider suitability for employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Mission of the Middlesex-London Health Unit, a teaching health unit, is to promote wellness, prevent disease and injury, and protect the public's health through the delivery of public health programs, services and research.