The Region of Peel, comprised of Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon, is a dynamic blend of urban, industrial and residential areas. We are one of Ontario's fastest growing municipalities, delivering a wide range of public health services to over 1,000,000 residents. Peel Region is the first government in Canada to achieve the National Quality Institute's prestigious Canada Awards for Excellence.
If you are a forward-thinking health professional striving for excellence and seeking new challenges with an award-winning and progressive organization that values a supportive and respectful environment, teamwork, effective communication, integrity and quality service, consider this regular full-time opportunity at the Peel Health Services Department within our Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention Division.
Health Promotion Officer, Injury Prevention Program
(Public Health) File # 08-567
The Injury Prevention team requires a creative self-directed health promotion specialist with experience in planning and evaluation of health education programs. You will plan, develop, implement and evaluate various health promotion initiatives based on best practices and research. You will provide consultation to staff and community members regarding health promotion strategies. In addition you will work in a self directed manner within a multidisciplinary team environment to design and implement injury prevention programs and materials for parents, children, schools and the community which meet our program goals and objectives to high standards of service • looking for new and innovative approaches to work in a proactive manner.
If you possess:
- a University degree in Health Promotion or related health field combined with 1 to 3 years related experience in program development, implementation, evaluation and project management
- knowledge of and demonstrated expertise in using key theoretical models of health promotion and education
- excellent social marketing and public relations skills to effectively promote healthy lifestyles to target groups
- advanced communication skills to persuasively communicate complex health messages
- familiarity with the Mandatory Program and Services Guidelines in the area of Injury Prevention
- strong analytical skills to interpret and apply data
- excellent computer skills in MS Office, including Ms Access, MS Outlook, proficiency in MS Project, and other program planning and evaluation software
- an ability to travel to various regional locations and work some evenings and weekends, we would like to hear from you.
There is more to a career at Peel; we also offer
- a salary range from $55,142 $68,928
- a comprehensive benefit package
- a high tech environment
- mentoring and coaching
- a family orientated environment
- a healthy workplace
- direct links to management and
- a workplace where your feedback is important to us.
To pursue this challenging opportunity, please submit your application online to http://www.peelregion.ca/jobs and select Health Promotion Officer, Injury Prevention (Public Health) File # 08-567. The position is located at 9445 Airport Road in Brampton and it closes on October 16, 2008.
At the Region of Peel, we respect diversity and treat one another in ways that are fair, courteous and compassionate, recognizing everyone's contributions. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Foreign earned credentials may need to be assessed in order to determine Canadian equivalency. Please visit the Canadian Foreign Credentials Referral Office's website for further details. Service Canada also provides information regarding referral services toll-free.