Program: Family Health
Team: Healthy Babies, Healthy Children
Status: 2 Year Term Position - Full Time
Participates in the delivery of Healthy Babies, Healthy Children (HBHC) services to high risk families by providing counselling and making referrals on issues surrounding socio-economic condition, immigration and settlement, financial resources and planning, employment and educational attainment. Represents KFL&A Public Health at all times in a manner that promotes the mission, vision, values and standards of the organization.
- Baccalaureate degree in Social Work (B.S.W.)
- Eligible for registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- Experience working with families with young children who face challenges in their socio-economic condition, immigration and settlement, finances, employment and education.
- Demonstrated ability to function independently, to exercise sound professional judgement, and to work within a multidisciplinary team.
- Well developed verbal and written communication skills, organizational, priority setting and time management skills; demonstrated ability to teach, to counsel, and to develop written education materials.
- Demonstrated clinical skills to assess and match client's needs and communicate effectively with high-risk individuals and their partners.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant legislation, community and social services agencies, together with an understanding of the principles and practices of Public Health.
- Demonstrated proficiency utilizing word processing and electronic mail software.
- Oral fluency, reading and writing ability in French an asset.
- Satisfactory criminal reference check.
- Valid, unrestricted driver's license and regular access to a reliable vehicle.
- Proven ability to attend work regularly.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position
If you are interested in one this exciting opportunity, please apply in writing by October 17, 2008 to:
KFLA Public Health
We thank all those who take the time to apply, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.