Position No.: 2008-37
Position Title: Program Manager - Permanent
35 hrs/week -- 1.0 FTE
Location: Guelph - Southgate
Program: Youth, Adult-Clinical services
Reports to: Director, Community Health & Disease Prevention
The successful candidate is responsible for planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating Sexual Health, Sexually Transmitted Infections and Blood-Borne Infections (including HIV) Program Standards. This position is responsible for the supervision of PHNs, RN (EC), administrative assistants and clinic physicians. Service delivery sites include public health offices, secondary schools, and community partner facilities. As a member of the divisional and interdivisional management teams, this position works collaboratively with other members to ensure that the division/agency is able to respond effectively to current and emerging issues that impact the health of our communities.
Hours of Work:
Normal office hours are Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Management On-call rotation
Flexible working hours are required
Salary: $39.92/hr to $46.97 (Currently under review)
Position Effective: As soon as possible
- Masters level preparation in health science or administration
- Baccalaureate Nursing degree from a recognized Canadian university or equivalent
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Five years experience working in sexual health and STI services or in a related community health field with previous management experience is an asset.
- Experience in management skills including :
- Performance management,
- Budget preparation and monitoring.
- Program planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Policy and procedure development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation. (including medical directives)
- Change management
- Health and safety
- Ability to form effective internal and external relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Valid Ontario drivers license, access to a vehicle, and adequate insurance
- Maintain annual influenza immunization and adult immunization
If you wish to be considered for this vacancy, please forward a resume and cover letter to the attention of:
Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health
474 Wellington Road 18, Suite 100
Fergus, ON N1M 2W3
Fax (519) 846-0323
Kindly visit our website at http://www.wdghu.org for full job posting.
Deadline for application is Friday, October 24, 2008, at 4:30 p.m.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.