2 Year Contract
(up to 35 hours per week)
The Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) Toronto Branch is a non-profit community based mental health agency providing a wide range of services to individuals living with mental illness.
As part of an emerging organizational Diversity strategy aimed at enhancing our capacity to serve diverse communities and promote access and equity across the agency and the sector, CMHA Toronto is currently seeking an Access and Equity Manager to champion and coordinate all aspects of this initiative's development and implementation.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Supporting the organization's Diversity Working Group to develop, implement and evaluate the emerging Diversity strategy
- Supporting diversity policy development for organization
- Assisting with the review and development of strategies to increase representation from diverse communities at all levels of the organization
- Coordinating the development of an ongoing training strategy related to diversity work
- Coordinating and supporting CMHA's participation in Toronto area LHINs' diversity initiative
- Supporting individual programs within CMHA to develop their own team-specific operational plans related to diversity work and providing on-going consultation to CMHA teams
- Linking the emerging Diversity strategy to the organization's consumer participation and quality assurance initiatives
- Coordinating external initiatives related to Strategy including participating in groups and committees relative to diversity and mental health and addictions and exploring equitable partnerships with other organizations serving Toronto's diverse communities
- Coordinating communication internally and externally on organization's diversity strategy
Experience and Skills required:
- Undergraduate degree in social services or health care (preferred); or relevant work experience
- Previous leadership/ coordination of diversity-related organizational change
- Previous experience in mental health field an asset
- Community development experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Microsoft office computer skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Salary Range: $ 61,348 - $73,874 (prorated to hours worked).
Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
Please submit resumes by Friday, October 31, 2008, at 5:00 p.m. to the
Canadian Mental Health Association Toronto Branch
700 Lawrence Avenue West, Suite 480
Toronto, ON M6A 3B4
Fax: (416) 789-9079
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted. The Canadian Mental Health Association is an equal opportunity employer.