Position Type: Full Time Date Ad Posted: 10/16/2008
Job Region: ON - Metro Toronto Area Application Deadline: 11/7/2008
Years Experience: Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role
The Pink Tulip Foundation is a community-based, not-for-profit, charitable organization committed to helping young girls increase their awareness and knowledge of breast cancer prevention. It was formed in early 2007.
The Pink Tulip Foundation requires an Executive Director who will take a leadership role in the organization, including developing a business plan, further developing the organization's programs and services, establishing relationships with educational institutions, health care professionals and institutions, and other organizations with similar or complimentary objections, and advancing the mission of the organization. To achieve this, the Executive Director will work closely with the board of directors, volunteers, donors, community partners and other key stakeholders.
Position Summary: Providing overall leadership and responsibility for the management of the organization's programs, services, operations and fundraising activities, with clear open reporting to the board of directors. Duties will include:
- Providing leadership and coordination with the board of directors;
- Developing and implementing strategic priorities as approved by the board of directors;
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with partner organizations, including educational institutions, health care professionals and institutions, and other organizations with similar or complimentary objectives;
- Identifying and supporting opportunities to further the mission of the organization;
- Identifying funding opportunities and securing funds for the sustainability of the organization;
- Providing on-going management functions, including financial planning, financial reporting and timely communication to the board of directors;
- Ensuring compliance with reporting and filing requirements;
- Assessing, in conjunction with the board of directors, organizational or financial risks and strategies;
- Establishing committees as required;
- Maintaining, updating and enhancing the effectiveness of the organization's website, with the assistance of a communications firm, including identifying additional content for use on the website;
- Working with the board of directors to develop and implement fundraising and communication plans;
- Developing agendas for and attending monthly board of director meetings, and committee meetings as needed, recording meeting minutes and ensuring timely follow-up of action items; and
- Working with subcontractors and suppliers (writers, public relations firms, communications firms, designers, etc), and managing and monitoring project budgets and schedules.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- University degree
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role
- A strong commitment to the organization's mission, values, vision and strategic objectives
- An understanding of the health issues related to breast cancer
- An understanding of young women
- Excellent time management, communications, marketing and networking skills
- Experience in fundraising
- Financial management skills
- Experience in the non-profit sector and working with a volunteer board of directors
- Proficiency in computer skills, and an understanding of social networking using technology
- Being able to represent the organization at all levels
- Strong leadership and team management skills
- Energy and optimism
Hours of Work: 35 hours/week with occasional evening and weekend activities
For more information about The Pink Tulip Foundation, please visit http://www.pinktulip.ca. All applications must be received no later than November 7, 2008. at 4:00 PM.
Please forward your resume and cover letter via mail, fax or email.
We appreciate all submissions but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please.
Compensation Type: Salary Contact by: Email, Fax, Mail
Amount: $75,000 - $90,000 commensurate with experience
Job Contact Information
Hiring Committee - Executive Director
The Pink Tulip Foundation
140 Rosedale Heights Drive
Toronto, Ontario M4T1C6
Fax: (416) 485-5355