This is an exciting time to join the City of Toronto, Canada's largest city and home to a diverse population of approximately 2.6 million people. Dedicated to prosperity, opportunity and a high quality of life for all its residents, in the last three years alone the Toronto public service has won more than 70 awards for quality, innovation and efficiency in delivering public services. Make your contribution to our Public Health Division and join us as a Program Evaluator
File Reference #: X8CSA16776
- Collaborates with Public Health program staff in the planning and evaluation of Public Heath programs. Reviews program logic models.
- Analyzes needs and develops assessment tools.
- Establishes and maintains a framework and standards for program evaluation in collaboration with other program evaluators and with the division staff.
- Designs and tests evaluation and applied research strategies and tools.
- Develops plans for the implementation of the evaluation strategy in collaboration with internal and external groups.
- Researches, reviews and implements policy for evaluation.
- Performs the statistical analysis and evaluation of results and prepares reports.
- Plans and implements educational activities for staff and community agencies on program evaluation.
- Participates in surveys to determine customer satisfaction with specific programs.
- Prepares reports for management staff as well as the Board of Health, City Council and its committees, and external organizations for the signature of the Medical Officer of Health.
- Attends conferences and presents Toronto Public Health program information.
- Identifies research opportunities and funding sources that support public health practice, prepares and submits grant applications.
- Collects, analyzes and disseminates literature pertaining to program evaluation.
- Consults on day to day evaluation and applied research problems.
- Masters degree in Health Sciences, Applied Social Sciences, Health Administration or approved equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Extensive experience with process and outcome evaluations, including the use of both qualitative and quantitative methodologies.
- Extensive experience in program evaluation in the health care field, or similar setting.
- Experience with microcomputer systems, database management, and statistical packages used for data analysis.
- Experience in preparing written reports of complex evaluation projects.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary team setting and with community agencies.
- Good organization and time management skills.
To apply for this position, please send us a resume and cover letter, quoting File #X8CSA16776, using one of the following methods:
Online: Click on the Apply for this position button at the bottom of this posting, or
FAX: 416-397-9818, or
Mail to: Human Resources, City of Toronto, Metro Hall, 55 John Street, 5th Floor, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 3C6.
Please do not send duplicates.
Applications must be received by November 28, 2008.
Job Status: Temporary (Approximately 9 months)
Salary: $38.70 - $42.39 per hour
Committed to employment equity, the City of Toronto encourages applications from Aboriginal people, people with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under the City's Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The City's Corporate Access & Privacy Office advises that sending personal information by fax may not be a secure means of transmission.