South Riverdale Community Health Centre is hiring one part-time Project Coordinator. The half-time contract position (2.5 days per week for one year) begins January 2009.
- Manage the NAAQ project.
- Liaison with community advisors.
- Establish advisory committee to develop and refine a three-year work plan.
- Develop Air Quality Overview.
- Review and summarize air emissions reports from Port Lands Energy Centre.
- Research programs to improve air quality.
- Develop and host action-oriented public workshops.
- Implementing community project(s)
- Manage project budget, reporting to funders, media relations.
- Post-graduate degree from recognized university in environmental health, health, social science, adult education, or combination of undergraduate degree and significant experience.
- Excellent communication and group facilitation skills, experience and knowledge of health promotion and education, community organizing techniques, and program design, implementation and evaluation.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate grass-roots community action projects
- Three to five years experience in a community based organization.
- Experience working on air quality issues preferred.
Deadline: December 10, 2008
For more information see http://www.srchc.ca/downloads/JobPostingEnvironmentalHealthPromoterNov2008.pdf.
Environmental Health Promoter
South Riverdale Community Health Centre
955 Queen Street East
Toronto, ON M4M 3P3