South Riverdale Community Health Centre is hiring a part-time, 3 year contract, four days a week, Community Engagement Coordinator.
- Coordinate recruitment, training and orientation of volunteers.
- Support, mentor and develop volunteers.
- Develop and implement community outreach strategy.
- Develop and implement needs assessments, work plans, workshops, resource materials and monitor budgets for community project.
- Establish relationships and work with service delivery organizations and agencies.
- Evaluate data and statistics to prepare reports for funder.
- Post-graduate degree in health, social science, adult education, or undergraduate degree and significant experience.
- Three to five years experience working in a community based health organization.
- Excellent communication and group facilitation skills, experience and knowledge of health promotion and health education, community development and program planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Experience in working with volunteers from an equity perspective.
- Work independently and flexible hours.
- Experience working with new comers and marginalized communities
Deadline December 9, 2008
For more information see http://www.srchc.ca/downloads/JobPostingCommunityEngagementCoordinatorNov2008.pdf
South Riverdale Community Health Centre
955 Queen Street East
Toronto, Ontario M4M 3P3