1 Year Contract
Reports to: Director, Renal and Ambulatory Care
Department: Renal and Ambulatory Care
Responsible to the Director of Renal and Ambulatory Care, the Project Manager, Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) Screening provides planning and project management expertise to lead the project team in achieving key project goals and deliverables. The Project Manager ensures the Project team meets the accountabilities outlined in the Central East LHIN CKD Screening for First Nations and Seniors project charter. Project Manager will thus prevent or delay vascular complications and end-stage renal disease in First Nation Peoples and Seniors with diminished renal function by: establishing a culturally-sensitive CKD screening program, establishing referral networks for renal protective therapy, empowering individuals to manage CKD on their own, and building sustained capacity for identification and treatment of CKD within the Haliburton Kawartha Pine Ridge Region. The Project Manager will leverage the synergies between two other CKD projects in the LHIN.
- Planning and delivering multi-year projects worth $500,000 on time and on budget.
- Facilitating large, diverse project teams.
- Introducing new screening programs to First Nations communities and Seniors.
- Implementing education and awareness activities designed to foster chronic disease self-management by individuals, family members and care providers.
- Offering cultural-sensitivity training to current health care providers.
- Participation in a LHIN-wide cross-sector project management team.
Planning & Achievement of Project Goals
- Leading the fulfillment of the accountabilities outlined in the Central East LHIN CKD Screening for First Nations and Seniors Project Charter.
- Developing and implementing an integrated project work plan, outlining tasks, responsibilities, deliverables, resources, and timelines.
- Leading the development and activities of the Project team, leveraging the expertise of team members.
- Working effectively with individuals and organizations at all levels, including Priority Project Team members, LHIN staff and other LHIN planning partners.
- Identifying, resolving and flagging concerns with Team functioning, completion of deliverables, or resource requirements as needed.
- Conducting basic literature review and research as required.
- Providing administrative support to projects, as required, including maintaining and coordinating a meeting schedule for the Project Team; managing and coordinating materials and presentations for meetings.
Analysis and Problem Solving/Risk Management
- Collating, analyzing and summarizing recommendations.
- Writing reports, recommendations, and project communications.
Client Service Orientation
- BBy demonstrating an excellent understanding of client drivers and needs, the Project Manager leads the initiatives outlined in the LHIN's CKD Screening for First Nations and Seniors Charter to completion within budget and on schedule.
- Achieves client satisfaction by maintaining open, honest and timely communication.
- Demonstrates accountability to clients at all levels (internal and external).
- Obtains feedback to monitor satisfaction, to communicate client perspectives, and to continuously improve results.
- Develops partnerships with First Nations communities, health care institutions, specialist physician groups, family health teams and partner organizations within the LHIN region.
- Incorporates the PRHC values into all aspects of project work and behaviours.
- Identifies and meets the expectations of internal and external customers to maintain the image, influence, and support needed to accomplish goals.
- Responds to all project requirements within timelines as outlined and negotiated with the Project Team
- Involves and informs stakeholders in decision-making that affects them.
Human Resources Management
- Provides leadership to ensure that others involved in the project have a clear understanding of work responsibilities and expectations and how they impact on achieving the goals of the Charter.
- Enables the effective functioning of the Project Team exhibiting effective teamwork including a range of skills such as meeting facilitation, proactive problem resolution, change management and inclusive planning.
- Focuses and motivates staff to achieve Charter objectives.
- Ensures human resources are used effectively and efficiently to achieve Charter initiatives.
Occupational Health & Safety
- Follows the Safe Work Practices as outlined by the HKPR Regional Renal Program.
- Participate in Health & Safety training as required.
- Provide a safe work environment and ensure all equipment is well maintained.
- Participate in Workplace Inspections and hazard identifications, accident/incident investigations; including analysis, risk assessment, and the implementation of corrective measures.
- Health & Safety to be included as an agenda item at staff meetings.
- Ensure employees receive Health & Safety education and training as required that includes job-specific training.
- Reports any hazards, workplace related injury/illness to Supervisor and complete appropriate forms.
The above responsibilities are not to be considered all-inclusive; may be assigned other related duties as decided by the Project Team/Health Centre.
- Post Secondary Degree in a related field. Graduate degree preferred.
- Three to five years recent related clinical and/or management experience.
- Completion of CHA management courses or equivalent would be an asset.
- Excellent project management skills, with demonstrated ability to achieve goals and objectives within specified time frames. Completion of Project Management designation would be an asset.
- Previous experience in Renal clinical services would be an asset.
- Demonstrated change management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, conflict resolution skills and ability to work effectively with staff, physicians, volunteers and patients/families.
- Excellent human resources management and leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability to function in an independent , self-directed manner as well as part of a team
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects at a time.
- Knowledge of adult education theories and practice
- Excellent research skills
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Demonstrated computer skills and knowledge of Word, MS Project and Excel spreadsheet programs (minimum)
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet unpredictable time lines and project requirements.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education.
- Membership and Participation in a relevant professional organization.
For more information, please contact Dana Murphy at email@example.com.