1.0 FTE Part-Time position (January -March 31, 2009 with the possibility of extension pending funding)
Location: Toronto, Ontario (possibility of off-site working arrangement or secondment)
The Heart Health Resource Centre (HHRC), based at the Ontario Public Health Association is designed to enhance the capacity of local public health agencies and their community partners working in chronic disease prevention and the Ontario Heart Health Program. The HHRC uses a number of approaches to achieve this including: consultation and coaching, training and development, and information and knowledge exchange. The HHRC is a member of the Ontario Health Promotion Resource System (OHPRS). Reporting to the Manager, HHRC, the Program Coordinator will be responsible for the coordination of several different projects at HHRC.
Major Responsibilities may include but are not limited to, the following areas:
- Coordinate the HHRC Consultation and Coaching Service:
- Coordinate a roster of internal and external HHRC Consultants
- Provide consultation service to OHHP Community Partnerships by either acting as a consultant or by assigning an external consultant
- Track and monitor all consultations using the HHRC Intranet system
- Coordinate and/or provide coaching services to the OHHP coordinators
- Orient new consultants to the Consultation and Coaching Services at HHRC
- Organize quarterly consultants meetings/teleconferences
- Work with the Ontario Heart Health Network:
- Participate in provincial/regional meetings of the Ontario Heart Health Network
- Participate in the biannual orientations of new OHHP-TAFL Coordinators
- Manage the HHRC FLS project
- Oversee work of FLS Consultant, FLS Advisory Group and FLS activities
- Coordinate FLS networking opportunities and workshops
- Participate in other OPHA staff activities such as overseeing a graduate student placement
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in health promotion, public health, social or health sciences, or a combination of education and work experience. A graduate degree is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in community-based programming; chronic disease prevention; public health; local program evaluation design and implementation; training and consultation. Experience as an OHHP Coordinator is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of health promotion concepts, the Ontario Public Health system, consulting skills, project management, evidence-based practice and adult learning principles.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to analyze and prioritize large amounts of information.
- Strong organizational skills combined with superior interpersonal skill and tact.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on various committees, with health professionals, funders and community representatives.
- Working knowledge of online learning technology.
- Competency working in Microsoft software applications, such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- French language skills an asset.
Travel: Some provincial travel is involved
Please send your covering letter, resume and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 p.m. EST on Friday January 2, 2009.