Regular Part-time (1 Year Contract)
Flexible Hours with occasional evenings and weekends
18.75 hours per week (approx.)
The Durham Region Diabetes Network (DRDN) is a community-based initiative of the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, bringing together a regional network of partners to serve the growing needs of Durham Region's evolving communities.
The Durham Region Diabetes Network is currently searching for a qualified Registered Dietitian/ Diabetes Educator to play an integral role, in collaboration with DRDN partners, in planning, implementing, marketing, evaluating and delivering an education strategy in the prevention and management of diabetes in the community. As well, the successful candidate will identify the regional community education needs including community forums and potential collaborative forums with other chronic diseases.
- Employ appropriate teaching methods and education principles to assist clients in gaining knowledge, skills and confidence in self management of diabetes;
- Participate in program planning and resource development;
- Engage in health promotion activities on and off site;
- Collaborate with other service providers;
- Act as a resource person to other staff members and community partners
This position will be of interest to an individual who:
- Has current Registration in good standing with the College of Dietitians of Ontario;
- Is a Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) or willingness to obtain certification;
- Has demonstrated knowledge of nutrition guidelines appropriate for clients living with diabetes with the ability to advise and respond to inquiries on this topic
- Has highly developed communication, presentation, and group facilitation skills;
- Has effective interpersonal and teamwork skills to function within a multi-disciplinary environment;
- Has demonstrated organizational and time management skills;
- Demonstrates sensitivity and awareness of cultural, racial, economic, and socially diverse communities;
- Has the ability to work flexible hours.
If you have the qualifications for this position, please forward your resume, by January 27, 2009, to:
Durham Region Diabetes Network
47 Liberty Street South
Bowmanville, ON L1C 2N4