Women's College Hospital
Fully Affiliated with the University of Toronto
Competition # KC02.09
Classification: Temp. Full-time to March 31, 2010 (4 days per week)
Reporting to the Director, Women's Health Matters Partnerships and working closely with the Communications Department team, the Web Editor/Content Coordinator is responsible for editing materials for, and coordinating the flow of content on the Women's College Hospital intranet, web properties (womenscollegehospital.ca; womenshealthmatters.ca; femmesensante.ca; womensresearch.ca) and e-bulletins. The websites and e-bulletins are key initiatives of Women's College Hospital's overall mission to be a leader in women's health.
- Coordinates website and e-bulletin content flow from written product through internal review, to translation, to final delivery, using internal and external sources
- Ensures quality control and consistency among the websites
- Maintains the scheduling of the addition of online content (text, links & images)
- Works closely with health writers, site contributors and technical staff, to ensure effective and timely addition of content to the sites and e-bulletins
- Prepares content for addition to sites, intranet, and e-bulletins
- Uploads new information to the websites using HTML, Dreamweaver, and website and database templates
- With input from websites team, proactively creates and maintains content coordination schedule
- Consults with website technical providers on issues related to technical management of the website
- Adhering to tight deadlines, proofreads and copy edits all website and e-bulletin content to ensure it is accurate and appropriate for websites and e-newsletters
- Verifies information to ensure accuracy
- Adheres to style guide
- Works with website team to review and update style guide, as needed
- Undertakes regular review of websites and intranet to update and correct information
- Assists in review of existing website content
- Monitors and measures web statistics through web tracking programs
- Keeps current with other women's health websites and women's health publications and with women's health issues
- Proactively investigates and proposes web publishing process improvements
- BA/BSc or Community College diploma in Communications, Journalism or a related field.
- Minimum five years work experience with web-based media in the health-care field.
- Experience copy editing and proofreading health information for consumer and professional audiences
- Experience managing flow of content, in English and French, on several online properties simultaneously
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, and manage multiple deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and details simultaneously, and to prioritize
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, HTML, Dreamweaver and others such as Illustrator, Visio, Photoshop
- Knowledge of Web architecture and design and web content management systems
- Experience with online communities, blogs, RSS feeds and other online tool
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Working knowledge of French
- Ability to work in a team environment and on own
- Experience in hospital or health care environment
- Knowledge of women's health issues
To apply for this job please send cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone enquiries
Deadline: Friday, January 16th.