The community spirit found in York Region's nine urban and rural communities makes it a truly great place to live and work. At the heart of our success as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers (2008), and the fastest-growing part of the Greater Toronto Area, are our challenging, diverse career opportunities, ideal location and excellent quality of life.
Health Information Analyst OH8640
Community and Health Services Department
Public Health Branch, Office of the AMOH
Full-Time, $29.67 - $32.24 per hour
Reporting to the Manager, Epidemiology and Research, is responsible for providing assistance to the Epidemiology and evaluation staff with the collection and retrieval of health and health related data, the analysis of information and data, program evaluation, development of data collection tools and the communication and presentation of information and data to internal and external clients.
- Successful completion of a University Degree in Health Sciences, Mathematics or Biostatistics or related field or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three (3) years demonstrated experience in coordinating the collection and retrieval of health related data including statistical compilation, interpretation, analysis and communication of health related information to appropriate sources.
- Experience with program evaluation methodology, logic model development, needs assessments and program planning.
- Demonstrated knowledge of public and community health issues and epidemiological practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of database design, survey development software and relational databases.
- Knowledge of database sources (e.g. HELPS) and emerging survey tools (e.g. Survey Monkey)
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, team work, initiative/self management, accountability, and flexibility/adaptability.
- Highly proficient in the use of the Internet, Intranet and external data warehouse environments.
- Computer literacy and proficiency with MS Office software applications and demonstrated experience with SPSS, EPI-INFO and specialized programs such as BI Query, BI Analyze.
- Excellent organizational, time management and presentation skills.
- Ability to travel to off site locations in a timely and efficient manner, as required
- Ability to work outside regular business hours, as required.
This position is located at 465 Davis Drive, Newmarket, ON. Please forward your resume and covering letter quoting competition OH8640 by 4:30 pm on January 30, 2009 to the address indicated below. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For additional information on York Region, please visit our website at http://www.york.ca.
The Regional Municipality of York
Human Resources Services Branch
17250 Yonge Street
Newmarket, ON L3Y 6Z1
Fax: (905) 895-4232