For the past 4 years CAST Canada has held more than 60 Addiction & Trauma Consumer Panel workshops. Over 2,000 frontline workers and students have worked directly with CAST Canada volunteer consumers to identify unique, relevant ideas around what worked (and what didn't ) in helping relationships. The learnings from this process will be available to you.
Who Should Attend?
Your clients often have addiction and/or trauma issues. The day is very popular with housing support, shelter, OW, ODSP, Children's Aid and outreach workers of all kinds, nurses therapists, probation, parole, correctional officers, EAP professionals, professors, students, etc.
- Witness moving, open testimonials from consumers who have been helped by professionals
- Participate in highly interactive discussion
- Receive solid, safe and effective tools
- Engage in meaningful, brave and productive discussion
- Develop concrete tools that will apply to your unique challenges.
- Toronto, February 13, 2009, 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Woodgreen Community Centre, Queen & Broadview
- Brantford, February 20, 2009, 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m., St. Andrews Church, 95 Darling Street
[Source: Canadian Harm Reduction Network's mailing list, http://www.canadianharmreduction.com/index.php]