MaRS Discovery District
Brought to you by the Community Health Systems Resource Group, The SickKids Learning Institute, The Hospital for Sick Children
This event will be an interactive and dialogue-based public symposium. Three interactive key note discussion panels include experts in youth culture, education as it relates to the lives of young people, and researchers/practitioners who work with and for young people in narrative and art-informed ways. Young people are invited to submit narratives (poetic, story, visual) for presentation and graduate students are invited to submit abstracts for a poster session. The focus of the discussions and papers will include
- the main stumbling points and experiences of youth
- the processes by which these problems and inequalities are organized in youth and school culture
- how young people actively negotiate challenges
- how practitioners and researchers become engaged in better means of working with and for young people
- practitioners and policy makers understandings about marginalized young people and education, and
- the place of narrative and art-informed understanding in working with and for youth.
We are accepting abstracts for graduate student poster presentations until March 1, 2009.
Registration is now open. For further details and to register, please visit http://www.chsrgevents.ca.