- Reporting to the Manager, Programs this position directly supervises Program Coordinators and staff who operate community engagement programs and services for adult, youth and seniors. The position is responsible for the development of inclusive, client/community centred programs that meet the needs of the community and support the mandate, policies and procedures of the Centre and adhere to applicable legislation.
- Hires, supervises, manages staff performance ensuring effective teamwork, high standards of work quality, organizational performance, and encourages innovation in others
- Responsible for service planning, program delivery/evaluation using a community development, participant centred approach, which builds and strengthens communities and fosters social inclusion.
- Completes related grant/funder applications/reports and utilizes measurement tools to provide regular reports to senior management.
- Provides leadership and participates on relevant internal and external committees and workgroups with community stakeholders to review and enhance community centred programming.
- Responsible for ongoing evaluation and analysis of trends relevant to community engagement programs/services, including forecasting community needs, monitoring program activities and overseeing policy implementation
- Recommends results based program changes to improve and enhance service delivery and operational performance.
- Oversees the scheduling of employees assigned to the programs to ensure service delivery objectives are met within budget
- Initiates and influences advocacy efforts for the 519 community in accordance with program needs and the Centre's advocacy framework
- May organize other specific consultations with inter/intra-divisional contacts, community agencies and community participants, as needed
- Plans and coordinates special events when appropriate
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary education in a discipline pertinent to this work and/or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive experience managing in a social services and human services in a unionized environment. Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, coach and develop individuals and teams.
- Extensive experience in the planning, development, and implementation of community-based programs including demonstrated expertise and experience integrating community development and social inclusion principles and practice in program planning and development.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience working in LGBT communities, that includes an awareness of current issues and trends with regards to LGBT seniors, Trans sex workers, LGBT immigrants and refugees, LGBT victims of violence.
- Highly developed conflict resolution, problem solving, facilitation and communication skills and ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, at a supervisory level.
- Knowledge of current issues and trends in homelessness, community policing, advocacy, community development, social housing, mental health, addiction, community funding, municipal trends and policies and related legislation.
- Demonstrated experience managing administrative and financial activities associated with program operations including report and grant writing, well-developed budget and variance reporting experience.
- Demonstrated experience developing and building partnerships with community participants and agencies.
- Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining cross departmental program/service delivery teams
- Working knowledge of Collective Agreements, Occupational Health and Safety Act, MFIPPA, PHIPA, and other relevant legislation.
- Sound decision-making and judgment skills in public relations with the ability to effectively manage communications to community and government agencies, committees and coalitions.
- Working knowledge of statistical methods of data collection and analysis.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings.
- Proficient in Windows, spreadsheet, and d-base applications.
This is a full-time position that is scheduled to work from Sunday to Thursday and includes day and evening shifts.
Scope of Supervision: 5.75 FTE, including numerous part time and casual employees
Salary Range: 53,453.40 - $66,227.20 (2008 rates)
Please send your resume and cover letter to:
Program Supervisor, Community Services Hiring Committee
519 Church Street
Toronto, ON M4Y 2C9
OR Email letter and resume to email@example.com with a subject line "Program Supervisor, Community Services Hiring Committee."
Emails with a different subject line may be deleted without being read.
Deadline for applications: February 13th, 2009.
Only those being interviewed will be contacted. No telephone enquiries or faxes, please. The 519 actively encourages applications from all equity seeking groups.
[Source: HEC listserv, http://healthequitycouncil.ca/dev/content/view/32/44/]