Across Boundaries is a mental health centre which provides a range of supports and services to people from racialized communities living with mental health issues and/or substance use. The centre has a holistic model of care and operates within an anti-racism/anti-oppression framework.
The Manager of Programs reports to the Executive Director and oversees the development of programs and services, and putting in place systems and mechanisms that will result in the effective implementation and delivery of all Across Boundaries programs. The incumbent will stay abreast of trends and developments in the sector, and bring this knowledge to their work. The Manager of Programs advocates Across Boundaries' vision internally with staff, and within the sector. All of the program and operational positions will report to the Manager of Programs.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Development, delivery and evaluation of high-calibre, relevant programs and services in line with the Strategic Plan and the anti-racism/anti-oppression framework of the organization
- Conducting needs assessments and developing new programs and/or expanding existing programs according to trends and best practices
- Supervision of day-to-day activities of program staff/placement students/volunteers/consultants etc. at various sites in the city
- Developing relationships with referral agencies, organizations and practitioners
- Actively seek out partnerships for collaborative programs and develop relationship with referral agencies, organizations and practitioners
- Completing reports required by the government and other funders and ensure programs meet all legislative, regulatory and professional standards
- Attend relevant internal, external meetings and networks as necessary
- Working collaboratively with Management Team
- Five years management experience in clinical mental health and addictions for adult and youth programs
- Bachelor's or Masters degree, or equivalent, in Social work or related field
- Demonstrated experience in developing, implementing and evaluating programs and services
- Demonstrated experience in community development
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizing, computer and advocacy skills
- Superior presentation, facilitation and public speaking skills
- Second language an asset
- Experience managing in a unionized work environment
- Lived experience of racism and/or other oppressions
- Demonstrated experience of working from an anti-oppression framework
Compensation Type: Salary
Interested applicants are requested to submit salary expectations with your applications/resume.
Deadline: February 14, 2009
Please send applications to:
Across Boundaries: An Ethnoracial Mental Health Centre
51 Clarkson Ave.
Toronto, Ontario M6E 2T5
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.