Position No.: 2009-05
Position Title: Health Promotion Specialist -- Casual
35 hrs/week - 1 FTE
March to December 31, 2009
Location: Shelldale - Guelph
Division: Child and Family Health
Program Manager: Reproductive Health and Injury Prevention
Position Summary: As a member of a multi-disciplinary team, will plan, coordinate, implement and evaluate health promotion strategies in the area of healthy living, reproductive health, child health, women's health and injury, and family abuse prevention. This will include community development, program planning and evaluation, coalition building, inter-professional collaboration, policy development and social marketing.
Please go to http://www.wdghu.org for full Job Description.
Hours of Work: Office hours are from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Flexible working hours are required
Position Effective: March 2009
Salary Range: Hourly Rate: $33.26 to $39.12
- Baccalaureate degree in health
- Masters degree in health promotion or equivalent
- Proven expertise in health promotion strategies including adult education, social marketing, health education, health communication, community development and mobilization, program planning and evaluation, coalition building and advocacy.
- Experience in engaging multiple stakeholders in working together on health promotion strategies.
- Excellent presentation skills, written and verbal communications, group facilitation skills and computer skills.
- Valid driver's license and use of vehicle
- Maintain annual influenza immunization and adult immunization.
If you wish to be considered for this vacancy, please forward a resume and cover letter to the attention of:
Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health
474 Wellington Road 18, Suite 100
Fax (519) 846-0323
Deadline for application is Tuesday, February 24, 2009, at 4:30 p.m.
We thank all interested applicant, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.