The Region of Peel, comprised of Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon, is a dynamic blend of urban, industrial and residential areas. We are one of Ontario's fastest growing municipalities, delivering a wide range of public health services to over 1,000,000 residents. Peel Region is the first government in Canada to achieve the National Quality Institute's prestigious Canada Awards for Excellence.
If you are a forward-thinking health promotion professional striving for excellence and seeking new challenges with an award-winning and progressive organization that values a supportive and respectful environment, teamwork, effective communication, integrity and quality service, consider this regular full-time opportunity at Peel Health Services within our Family Health Division.
Health Promotion Officer, Reproductive Health (Public Health)
File # 09-84
The Reproductive Health program requires a creative, self-directed and persuasive health promotion specialist with experience in planning and evaluation of health education programs. You will plan, develop, implement, and evaluate program direction and various health promotion initiatives and make recommendations based on best practice and research. You will provide consultation to staff and community members regarding health promotion strategies. In addition, you will work in a self directed manner within a multidisciplinary team environment to design and implement Reproductive Health programs and materials for target audiences and the community which meet our Mandatory Programs.
If you possess:
- a University degree in Health Promotion or related health field combined with 1 to 3 years related experience in program development, implementation, evaluation, and project management
- knowledge of and demonstrated expertise in using key theoretical models of health promotion and education
- excellent social marketing and public relations skills to effectively promote Reproductive Health to target groups
- advanced communication skills to persuasively communicate complex health messages
- familiarity with the Mandatory Program and Services Guidelines in the area of Child and Reproductive Health
- strong analytical skills to interpret and apply data
- excellent computer skills in MS Office, MS Outlook, proficiency in MS Project, Access, and other program planning and evaluation software
- and you are able to travel to various regional locations and a willingness to work some evenings and weekends, we would like to hear from you.
There is more to a career at Peel; we also offer
- a salary range from $56,797 $70,996
- pay for performance plan
- a comprehensive benefit package
- a pension plan (Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System-OMERS)
- a high tech environment
- tuition assistance
- mentoring and coaching
- training and development
- a family orientated environment
- a healthy workplace
- direct links to management and
- a workplace where your feedback is important to us.
To pursue this challenging opportunity, please submit your application online to http://www.peelregion.ca/jobs and select Health Promotion Officer, Reproductive Health (Public Health) File # 09-84. The position is located at 44 Peel Centre Drive in Brampton and it closes on March 5, 2009.
At the Region of Peel, we respect diversity and treat one another in ways that are fair, courteous and compassionate, recognizing everyone's contributions. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Foreign earned credentials may need to be assessed in order to determine Canadian equivalency. Please visit the Canadian Foreign Credentials Referral Office's website for further details. Service Canada also provides information regarding referral services toll-free at 1-888-854-1805