1 Year Contract
Ophea (Ontario Physical and Health Education Association) is a dynamic not-for-profit organization with a staff of approximately 30 individuals. Ophea exists to support schools and communities through quality program supports, partnerships and advocacy to enable children and youth to lead healthy active lives. Services are provided to a variety of individuals including elementary and secondary school teachers, public health professionals, and recreation leaders. Ophea also works closely with provincial government ministries, corporations, and other not-for-profit organizations.
A Bilingual (French and English) Projects Leader is required by Ophea to take responsibility for the planning and execution of all project deliverables within an assigned projects portfolio. The Projects Leader assists in exploring and strategizing new opportunities.
Knowledge (formal education or general knowledge) required:
- Post secondary education in Physical and Health Education, Sport Administration, Business or related discipline. Knowledge of the health and physical activity community particularly as it pertains to children and youth is required.
Skills & Experience required:
- Experience in project management and the planning and execution of programs, events, training sessions and leading meetings/work teams is required. Experience monitoring budgets, coordinating communications and working with external suppliers and clients is necessary. Strong English and French writing and communication skills and ability to multi-task are required. Basic knowledge of office software required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Leads the execution of multiple project deliverables in his/her portfolio
- Identifies key deliverables and expectations of external consultants
- Tracks and monitors workplans
- Oversees members of the implementation team
- Drafts correspondence and communications
- Contributes to the planning, implementation and evaluation of projects
- Executes logistics of project-specific promotional activities (media deliverables as appropriate to the projects)
- Coordinates development, design, production and distribution of project specific materials
- Drafts official interim and final reports as required
- Represents projects to others and at various promotional venues as required (ambassador)
Leads the planning process for projects in his/her portfolio
- Works with the Director of Programs in planning and proposal development
- Develops workplans and critical paths
- Leads implementation teams and committees as required
- Investigates, explores and identifies opportunities for collaborating with new partners
Interacts with relevant project suppliers, clients, partners and other stakeholders
- Manages external consultants and suppliers based upon negotiated deliverables to goals and objectives
- Responds to all telephone and written inquiries specific to projects and portfolio
- Provides support and seeks input from partner organizations as necessary
- Represents the interests of Ophea to various stakeholders (advocates the cause)
Leads the planning of project budgets in his/her portfolio and is responsible for monitoring and maintaining budgets
- Investigates and collects supplier quotes
- Processes invoices and obtains approval from Director of Programs or Department of Finance and Administration
- Develops budgets specific to elements within a project in consultation with the Department of Finance and Administration as required
- Monitors expenses against predetermined budgets
Coordinates administrative functions
- Provides reports as required i.e. weekly summary reports for the Director of Programs, project updates, Board meeting reports
- Maintains accurate project records and files, manually and electronically
- Ensures that information related to projects is current on the Ophea website
Performs other duties as assigned.
To apply, please forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations no later than March 6, 2009, to:
Ophea (Ontario Physical and Health Education Association)
1 Concord Gate, Suite 608
Toronto, Ontario M3C 3N6
Fax: (416) 426-7373
Please note: Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.