The Canadian Cancer Society currently has two job opportunities in the Greater Toronto Area, one full-time regular position and one full-time contract position.
Organization: Canadian Cancer Society, Ontario Division
Job title: Community Development Specialists
Location: Toronto (Regular - full-time)
Location: Richmond Hill and Markham (One year contract - full-time)
Closing date: March 9, 2009
Job purpose: Identify opportunities and build relationships with new communities, while championing the involvement of diverse populations
- Build upon existing programs, initiatives and relationships that have been established within the unit and identify new growth opportunities
- Develop appropriate and effective relationships with external partners and within target communities
- Steward the communities by attending community events (i.e. town hall meetings, group gatherings) to gain trust and respect; be a "presence" in the community and symbolize the Society's commitment to getting involved with the community
- Develop relationships with key community leader(s) and work toward bringing these leaders on board to become Society volunteers - consider how communities want to contribute
- Provide regular progress updates, identifying successes, issues, challenges and tactics
- Collaborate with the fundraising and volunteer engagement teams to leverage opportunities and create a seamless and integrated process for communities being engaged
- Act as a support for other unit staff around community development
- Share best practices (tools, processes) with Ontario Division Office and other regions/units as appropriate
- Additional duties as assigned
In return for your contributions, we offer a very attractive compensation package, which encompasses a salary in the low 40K range, and the chance to work in a supportive, caring environment. Qualified non-smokers are invited to send their resumes.
The Canadian Cancer Society provides equal opportunity in employment and encourages applications from all qualified persons. We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
For more information about this and other opportunities to become a member of our dynamic team, please visit our website at http://www.cancer.ca, and go to Careers, under About Us.
Creating a world where no Canadian fears cancer. That's our vision and together, we can make it happen. Join our team of dedicated volunteers and staff to help us reach our goals.