Kisumu, Kenya - Summer 2009
Canadian Nurse Researchers are Invited to Apply!
Application deadline: Extended
Are you a graduate-prepared nurse with a research focus on community health? Planning a research career with an international focus? Want to develop research networks with Sub-Saharan Africa and the Caribbean?
Join nurse researchers from Kenya, Jamaica, Uganda and South Africa for the eighth annual Research Internship and build your capacity in:
- Community health services and policy research
- Global health issues
- Developing research networks
- Grantsmanship skills
- Links with local, national, and international decision-makers
- Interdisciplinary teams
- Innovative research methods
- Strategic thinking for programs of research
Internship led by Dr. Nancy Edwards (University of Ottawa), Dr. Dan Kaseje (Great Lakes University of Kisumu, Kenya), and Dr. Eulalia Kahwa (University of the West Indies Mona, Jamaica)
Dates: May 19-July 24, 2009
- May 19-June 11, 2009: Graduate course "Multiple Interventions in Community Health" (part-time by distance education)
- June 15-July 11, 2009: Full-time on-site in Kisumu, Kenya
- July 14-July 24, 2009: Part-time (internship sessions by distance education and on-line)
- Program fee: USD $1,500
- Graduate course registration at University of Ottawa (Approx. CAD $250)
- International travel and accommodation in Kenya not included.
- A limited number of bursaries may be available for Canadian interns to help offset costs.
For application package, email Sabrina.Farmer@uottawa.ca or download application from http://aix1.uottawa.ca/~nedwards/english/internships.html.
For more information, contact
Susan Roelofs, Program Manager
Strengthening Nurses' Capacity in HIV Policy Development in Sub-Saharan Africa and the Caribbean, University of Ottawa, Canada
Tel: (613) 562-5800 x851