Best Start Resource Centre is getting ready for the release of the new 2009 edition of the book "Healthy Beginnings: Giving Your Baby the Best Start, From Preconception to Birth." We are pleased with the updated content and graphics:
- This 208 page book is produced by the Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada, with input from the Best Start Resource Centre, the Canadian Paediatric Society and a range of topic experts.
- It includes information about preconception and prenatal health, labour and delivery, postpartum and infant care and is designed for individuals who are pregnant or planning a pregnancy.
- This national book is inclusive of key Ontario information and services. The text went through CPHA plain language review.
- The breastfeeding content has been strengthened throughout.
- It complies with the International Code of Marketing of Breastmilk Substitutes and it meets Baby-Friendly Initiative criteria.
The English book will be released in early April 2009 and the French in early June 2009.
Bulk pricing is available for Ontario service providers and there will be promotional discounts on pre-orders for the 2009 edition. Updated order information will be available on the Best Start Resource Centre website at the beginning of March.
For more information, see http://www.beststart.org/resources/rep_health/index.html.