Purpose of Position
To plan, implement, disseminate, evaluate and produce resources needed for an effective delivery of services.
Reports To: Executive Director
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications
- Relevant Post Secondary education
- Experience in resource production, editing, collation and coordination in the social service or health sector
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in both French and English
- Knowledge and understanding of self-help/mutual aid strategies and health promotion
- High level of computer skills including Windows related software (experience with Publisher or other desktop applications an asset), internet, listserv & e-mail proficiency
- Website maintenance and online community skills and experience an asset
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Willing to learn and accept new challenges
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a busy, small office environment
- Must be a team player
- A language other than French and English an asset
- Production and distribution of French and English OSHNET and SHRC newsletters, e-bulletins and other resources in print and on-line.
- Promotion of Ontario Self-Help Network (OSHNET)
- Promoting workshops, conferences and other events through production and distribution of promotional materials
- Preparing resources for conferences, fairs, Self-Help Awareness Week, etc.
- Assisting with organizing on site and off site workshops and other events
- Planning, follow up, and publicity for specific workshops
- Maintain e-bulletin/newsletter mailing lists
- Sourcing, updating, preparing and arranging for publication of provincial and/or local Directories; updating self-help groups data base and back up
- Writing website content and revising on-line resources as required
- Organizing print resources and articles
- Assisting with writing, editing, preparing documentation and supporting materials for grant proposals
- Other duties as required under the direction and supervision of the Executive Director.
Potential future duties include website content management; creating a website media room to encourage media engagement; creating and maintaining a list of media contacts; investigating opportunities for use of new social media and on-line support groups
This is a permanent, part-time position, 0.4 F.T.E.
Job Contact Information
Self-Help Resource Centre
For more information visit http://www.selfhelp.on.ca.
Only those being considered will be contacted.