The Hamilton Family Health Team (HFHT) comprises of 119 family physicians serving a patient population of approximately 250,000. We are currently looking for the following professionals to join our team.
Occupational Health Liaison Position
- Liaise with Family Health Team and industry to facilitate timely assessment and information exchange regarding cases involving the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB), and access to appropriate health care services and programs.
- Serve as the primary contact for patients, primary care teams, and other professionals on the status and handling of cases
Required Competencies and Behaviours:
- Excellent inter-personal skills - able to prevent and proactively address sensitive and complex situations with tact and diplomacy
- Proven communication skills - able to effectively initiate and respond to communication in writing and in-person
- Strong organizational and facilitation skills - able to prioritize work and influence others to meet common patient care goals
- Proven analytical, problem solving and decision making skills - able to analyze data, facilitate action to improve patient care and resolve issues where appropriate
- Able to work independently and as a team member to facilitate access to quality health care - able to reflect on performance and identify learning needs and improvement opportunities
As a member of the Hamilton Family Health Team you will be the primary contact/liaison between family physicians, their teams and the WSIB. The position is based out of the HFHT central office at 10 George St., Hamilton, ON.
You will facilitate communication and collaboration; ensure the timely exchange of information and apply occupational health best practices to support patient recovery and return to work.
You will be responsible for the provision of case management services to an assigned group of patients, the promotion of disability and occupational health management practices; the coordination of rehabilitation and other professional health care services and, facilitating access or linkages to appropriate community and occupational health programs.
As the ideal candidate, you will possess:
- A Nursing degree and registration with the RNAO
- Experience in case management, disability management and/or occupational health practice
- Demonstrated analytical, decision making and leading and influencing skills
- Personal computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office software
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, as well as the ability to work effectively within a team environment
- Knowledge of the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, Human Rights Code, Occupational Health and Safety Act and or Disability Management principles and practices will be considered an asset.
- A strong desire to work with others in implementing best practices in occupational health
- A valid driver's license and a vehicle available for travel are necessary.
- For further information on the Hamilton Family Health Team visit http://www.hamiltonFHT.ca
Please apply by March 27th to Human Resources: Fax (905) 667-4873 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.