Time: 2:00 pm EST
This is your invitation to attend a free webinar for campus health promoters, student life staff, residence dons, peer educators and other professionals and students interested in effective responses to issues of concern regarding marijuana use.
Presenter: Patricia Scott-Jeoffroy, BA, MA, Pat Sanagan, RN BScN, MEd
Sponsors: Parent Action on Drugs and BACCHUS
Participants on this webinar will
- hear a report on a series of consultations held with several campus health and residence staff addressing marijuana use on campus,
- learn what is defined as problematic marijuana use from their perspectives,
- review best practices in responding to problematic use,
- review the participants' "go-forward" recommendations based on discussions at the consultations,
- receive resources to support intervention, awareness and policy strategies, and
- hear about an opportunity for ongoing dialogue about the issues and responses.
"What's With Weed" is a program developed by Parent Action on Drugs, counsellors and students to identify what users see as the real risks for marijuana use and what strategies reduce these risks effectively. The program does not demand abstinence or cessation but looks at ways to reduce the harm that students might be experiencing.
To register for the webinar, contact Kathy Baillie at email@example.com or 1-877-265-9279 by Wednesday, March 18, 2009. Space is limited.
Registration confirmation and workshop details will be sent by March 20, 2009 by email.
Check out the What's with Weed Website at http://www.whatswithweed.ca.
This project is funded by Health Canada.