Grid Level 451-500 (CUPE Local 543.3)
Up to 12 Months
Reporting to the Manager of the Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention Department, the Research Assistant will work with Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention staff to assist with management of large health datasets particularly those related to the workplace wellness program.
Day-to-day activities will include:
- Clean, scan and ensure accurracy of various data sets
- Provide database management and data analysis support
- Transcribe surveys into the E-listen and web-based survey formats
- Coordinate depolyment and printing of Scantron Surveys
- Work with Health Promotion, Program Evaluation and Graphic Design staff to assist with the development of draft reports and slide presentations
- Other related activities as assigned.
- A minimum of a Bachelor of Science or Arts or degree in Health Sciences or Applied Social Sciences or equivalent degree from an accredited university
- Knowledge and experience using various electronic software systems and databases (MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Experience analyzing data and interpreting results of analyses using SPSS
- Experience writing and editing documents
- Experience in a multi-tasking environment; specifically working in a timely manner on multiple projects in varying stages with several points of contact
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, organizational, and communication skills are required
- A valid Ontario Driver's Licence and access to a reliable motor vehicle during working hours is required.
Qualified individuals are invited to forward a résumé and cover letter by March 20, 2009, to
HRO, Windsor-Essex County Health Unit
1005 Ouellette Avenue
Windsor, ON N9A 4J8
Fax: (519) 258-6003
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.