Job posting: March 9, 2009
Deadline: Friday March 27, 2009 at 5pm
Start date: April 20, 2009
FoodShare Toronto is seeking a dynamic manager to take charge of our Good Food Programs: the Fresh Produce program, the Good Food Box, and Good Food Markets.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of three years past experience managing complex projects, 5-10 staff and a program or business with an annual budget of over $1.5 million.
Knowledge of local farms, produce distribution or non-profit program planning, will also be important, as will the ability to prioritize and multi-task, trouble-shoot, solve problems, fundraise, manage budgets and motivate staff.
Detailed job description:
- Manage the day to day aspects of the three Good Food programs, ensuring that the programs operate efficiently and according to FoodShare's values.
- Supervise the Good Food team including 9 full time staff, many volunteers and part time staff.
- Manage all aspects of weekly produce orders, packing days, the development of outreach materials and procedures for the programs.
- Maintain and develop new direct farmer relationships for FoodShare.
Qualifications and skills:
- Experience as a non-profit or food business manager.
- Knowledge of food policy, Ontario farms, and the produce business.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage a budget of over a $1.5 million.
- Experience working with diverse groups of people.
- Strong written language skills, including ability to write reports to funders.
- Computer literacy, including strong proficiency in Excel, Word and Access.
- Drivers license, knowledge of other languages than English an asset.
FoodShare is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employment equity and value diversity and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Hours and compensation: 37.5 hours per week, $50,000 plus FoodShare's generous benefits package.
How to apply:
Please email, deliver or fax your resume and a cover letter explaining why you would like this job and why you would be good at it.
Send to attention of: Zahra Parvinian
Fax: (416) 363-0474
Address: FoodShare, 90 Croatia Street, Toronto Ontario M6H 1K9
Deadline for all applications: Friday March 27, 2009 at 5pm
Start Date: April 20, 2009
We would like to thank all applicants however we will only be contacting those candidates selected for an interview.