Job Reports To: Executive Director, Ontario Healthy Communities Coalition
Hourly Rate: $32.00/hour (total salary and benefits or fee-for-service contract)
Hours of Work: approximately 14 per week
Duration: One year contract
The Project Coordinator facilitates co-ordinates and supports the development, implementation and evaluation of FoodNet Ontario.
- Collect information on activities, tools and resources relating to community food security and local food systems.
- Reach out to key organizations in Ontario that are currently working in the area of community food security and local food systems to identify potential FNO members and opportunities for collaboration.
- Coordinate the organization of a provincial Community Food Security conference, with the support of other staff and volunteers.
- Develop an FNO resource kit containing program and workshops materials, communication tools and an annotated bibliography.
- Knowledge of issues and programs relating to community food security and local sustainable food systems.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Experience in community development, community organizing, and community-based project planning.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and assume responsibility with minimal supervision.
Send cover letter and résumé by March 30th, 2009, to:
FNO Steering Committee
2 Carlton St., Suite 1810, Toronto ON M5B 1J3
Fax: (416) 408-4843
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. OHCC is an equal opportunity employer. OHCC assumes no liability for loss of documents due to equipment or connectivity failures.