Full-time Permanent Position Available
Due to a promotion, we have an immediate opening for the position of Program Manager. This challenging role will manage all aspects of two significant programs, Seniors and Caregivers Support Services and Violence Against Women. These programs encompass the Seniors and Caregivers Counselling Program, the Caregiver Education Program, the Abuse of Older Adults Counselling Program, Pat's Place - a safe haven for older people experiencing abuse, the Elder Abuse Consultation Team, the Individualized Senior Support (Supportive Housing) Program, the Violence Against Women Counselling program and the Partner Contact programs at Family Service Toronto.
Reporting to the Director, Changing Lives and Family Violence Programs the incumbent will provide leadership to a skilled group of staff as well as volunteers and students. The Program Manager will ensure that the teams provide high quality, accessible, respectful and effective services that reflect FST's commitment to equity and inclusion. With energy and creativity, the manager will support strong and effective teamwork, build internal and community partnerships and promote leadership development and learning. Our ideal candidate will have experience working in the field of violence against women as well as seniors and caregivers; however, individuals are encouraged to apply if they have experience in one area of practice.
- MSW or related education and experience
- Minimum five years direct clinical experience and in depth knowledge of working with women who experience abuse, including an understanding of abuse in diverse cultures, and/or
- Minimum five years direct clinical experience working with seniors and caregivers and in depth knowledge of gerontology and issues related to working with an aging population, including an understanding of abuse in later life and caregiver support and education
- Demonstrated supervisory experience leading teams of staff, students and volunteers
- Well developed understanding of participatory management practice
- Strong commitment to community based programming
- Experience working with people with a full range of abilities
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Advanced communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong commitment to innovative programming
- Experience establishing and maintaining best practices in clinical services that are effective and responsive to the diverse communities and neighbourhoods of Toronto
- Experience working in collaboration with community partners
- Experience with the development and implementation of annual service and financial plans
- Experience working with funders, preparing reports and writing grant applications
- Strong commitment to research and evaluation
- Experience administering all aspects of client-based data management systems
- Demonstrated computer skills at the intermediate level in Microsoft Office and Outlook.
Location: 747 Warden Ave with considerable travel between office locations and community meeting locations within Toronto.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a letter of application and resume, quoting File #SCSS-VAW09/09 to:
Human Resource Services
Family Service Toronto
355 Church Street
Toronto, Ontario M5B 1Z8
Deadline to apply: No later than April 3, 2009
FST Welcomes Diversity And Is Committed To A Policy of Equity and Inclusion