Halton Region Health Department
Public Health Nurse Posting Number: H-72-09
Closing Date: March 30, 2009
Bachelor of Science in Nursing or Registered Nurse with a Certificate in Public Health Nursing from a recognized University is required. Currently holds a Certificate of Registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario. The ideal candidate will have broad knowledge and experience in project management, evaluation, healthy public policy and community development in a public health or community health setting. The candidate will have the skills to build community relationships, coalitions, and provide consultation specific to youth health promotion. Knowledge and practical experience in promoting healthy schools, youth mental health promotion, asset building and parenting will be assets. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal are required. Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office software products. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Consults with schools on building healthy school communities, healthy youth development, youth assets, parenting, mental health promotion and substance, injury and violence prevention.
- Builds community and school relationships, partnerships and coalitions specific to youth health promotion and strategies.
- Represents the Health department on community and corporate committees.
- Keeps accurate health records and statistical information.
- Assists in strategy and project development within the Youth Health Program.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
To view the complete job posting and for information on how to apply to Halton Region, please visit http://www.halton.ca/about/jobs/JobPostings.cfm.