The Canadian Association of Family Resource Programs invites staff and volunteers from organizations serving families to its biennial national conference Welcoming Communities
- Nancy Birnbaum, President & CEO, Invest in Kids, Toronto, Vital Communities, Vital Support
- Carol Trivette, Co-Director, Orelena Hawks Puckett Institute, North Carolina Family Support: The Importance of How We Provide It When Building Parent Capacity
- Stuart Shanker, York University, Toronto The Neuroscience of Early Child Development
Conference fees are: $380 for FRP Canada members, $440 for non-members.
Pre-Conference Training Day, May 12
- Intense, day-long training sessions are being offered on May 12 at $129, or $99 if also attending the conference.
- Positive Discipline Training in a new parenting program with Joan Durrant.
- Strategic Planning that Works with Joan Garthson
- Care, Identity and Inclusion. Sharing ones primary culture with children by HIPPY and HELP of UBC
- Reaching Hard to Reach Families with Brenda Smith-Chant
- Effective Co-parenting. Training in this targeted parenting program with Sandy Shuler
For all the conference information please visit http://www.frp.ca/WelcomingCommunities.