The Senior Pride Network (SPN) is an association of individuals and organizations committed to promoting appropriate services and a positive, caring environments for older lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, transsexual, intersexed and 2 spirited (LGBTTIT) people in Toronto. The Senior Pride Network envisions a series of communities of older gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, transsexual, intersexed and 2 spirited people that are affirming, supportive and healthy. The SPN has a sponsorship agreement with The 519 Church Street Community Centre.
As Conference Coordinator of The SPN you will report to the Steering Committee of the SPN, and work closely with the Coordinator of the Older LGBTT program and the SPN Conference Planning Committee.
- Develop, execute and evaluate a work plan including a budget for a 2009 spring conference
- Devise a program of speakers, workshops, displays, and films
- Select a conference date, location
- Plan and implement a publicity and promotion strategy for 2009 conference.
- Work with the City of Toronto Communication staff to promote and publicize the conference, and develop and produce a program for the day
- Devise room plans and arrange for equipment
- Liaise with the caterer
- Manage and track registration
- Recruit and deploy and recognize volunteers
- Develop and distribute evaluation tools
- Develop a report of the event including a financial report
Skills and Experience Required
- Demonstrated event planning experience
- Knowledge of GLBT community and issues
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills
- Financial management skills
- Computer literacy (MS Word, MS Excel, MS office)
- Excellent problem solving and time management skills.
- Experience in volunteer management
14 week contract @ 16 hrs per week April 14, 2009 to July 10, 2009
Salary Rate: $ 21.85 per hour
Apply with a covering letter outlining how your experience and skills prepare you for this position and resume to:
Coordinator, Older LGBTT Program
519 Church Street
Toronto, ON M4Y 2C6
Or email letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: April 3, 2009
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The SPN actively encourages applications from all equity seeking groups.
[Source: Health Equity Council mailing list, http://www.healthequitycouncil.ca/dev/.