Reports to: Manager, Community Mission Team
Department: Research Advocacy and Health Promotion
Status: Contract, Full-Time (Maternity Leave)
Location: Hamilton (supporting Hamilton/Niagara/Brant, Haldimand, Norfolk/Halton)
As part of the Community Mission Team, the incumbent will be assigned to the Hamilton area , supported by leadership volunteers, deliver and support activities to engage communities for community impact on mission. The incumbent will develop and implement an annual regional plan that reflects a province wide community based mission plan and responds to regional and local needs and priorities.
1. Monitor regional needs and develop annual regional plan
- Complete an environmental scan and monitor, on a continuing basis, key health partnerships, their current priorities and programs (Hearth Health Networks, Tobacco Control Action Networks, School Health, Blood Pressure Control) in their assigned region.
- Develop an annual mission plan for region with input from Regional Manager and Senior Specialist Health Partnerships. Initial key focus will be Spark Together for Health Kids and Resuscitation.
- Complete annual evaluation of progress against plan.
2. Contribute regional perspective to provincial plans
- As part of the Community Mission Team provide input on the development of a community based strategy to inform regional and provincial goals and plans.
3. Manage regional and local delivery of mission initiatives
- Provide leadership and influence health partners and volunteers concerning local advocacy efforts.
4. Volunteer recruitment and support
- With the assistance of the Community Volunteer Specialist and in consultation with Area Managers, recruit and guide community mission leadership volunteers
5. Coordinate with other HSFO Programs
- Working within fundraising environment to provide information to Foundation fundraisers, inform vis-à-vis community mission activity and pertinent mission priorities
- Maximizing opportunities and minimizing overlaps/confusion between existing fundraising programs and new initiatives
- Balancing the need to be responsive to communities as well as to province wide goals for greatest impact on mission
- Building a personal support system in a situation in which the job's focus is mission within a broader team that is focused on fundraising
- Health Promotion arena is complex and changing with many stakeholders
- Managing a large number of relationships both internal and external dealing with complex information
- Managing diverse stakeholder expectation and perceptions of the Foundation's role in Health Promotion
- Measuring success of regional/local programs
- Managing through situations where autonomous decisions have been made and implemented by self or others but within a set internal structure
- Speed and pace of change
- Accountable for developing and implementing regional mission plan
- Accountable for building and maintaining effective working relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Prior experience developing health promotion partnerships
- Knowledge or experience working with volunteers
- Proven ability to persuade and lead
- Proven ability to manage workload with little structure
- Good networking skills
- Related post secondary education (i.e., public health, dietician, nursing, health promotion, adult education)
- 4-6 years of experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Apply by sending resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Place job description in subject line of email.
Please apply by: April 17th, 2009