The Sudbury & District Health Unit (SDHU) has an exciting opportunity for a Public Health
Nutritionist. Reporting to a Program Manager in the Health Promotion Division, you will
develop, implement and evaluate healthy eating and healthy weights programming and services according to the current Ontario Public Health Standards and provide your expert knowledge to health unit staff, health and social service professionals, educators, media, and the community at large.
- Oversees students on placement, peer educators, volunteers, interns, and professionals intraining.
- Assumes a leadership role to achieve priorities outlined in the Sudbury & District Health
- Unit Strategic Plan.
- Liaises with internal and external committees, task forces and coalitions, and encourages,supports, and participates in the formation of policies relevant to food and nutrition issueswithin the community.
- Assumes an advocacy role for nutrition issues, leads healthy eating and healthy weightsprogram planning, and participates in applied nutrition research as appropriate.
- Provides input into budget requirements and is responsible for the cost effectiveness of relevant nutrition programs that maximize health outcomes.
- Maintains required professional memberships and competencies.
- Registered with the College of Dietitians of Ontario and eligible for a membership with
- Dietitians of Canada and the Ontario Society of Nutrition Professionals in Public Health.
- Bachelor's degree in food and nutrition or equivalent from a recognized university, as well as a master's degree in nutrition, as specified in Ontario Regulation 164/84, Health Protection and Promotion Act, 1990.
- Ability to work effectively within a multidisciplinary team.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and computer skills.
- Fluency in both official languages is an asset.
- A minimum two years' public health nutrition experience is an asset.
- Valid Ontario driver's license and access to a reliable vehicle insured as per agency policy because travel is required.
- Satisfactory criminal reference check is required.
Resumés will be accepted until April 17, 2009, and should be sent in confidence to:
Ms. Louise Mitchell, Administrative Assistant, Corporate Services Division
Sudbury & District Health Unit
1300 Paris Street, Sudbury, ON P3E 3A3
email@example.com (Microsoft Word format only)
Tel: (705) 522-9200, ext. 430
Fax: (705) 522-5182
Please include title of the position in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, we will contact only those selected for
interviews. The Sudbury & District Health Unit is an equal opportunity employer.
All information is collected solely for the purposes of job selection under the provisions of the
Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.