The Sudbury & District Health Unit (SDHU) has an exciting opportunity in its Sudbury office for a Public Health Dietitian. Reporting to a Program Manager in the Health Promotion Division, the Public Health Dietitian applies various strategies required to improve the health of the population, including awareness, education, skill-building, community needs assessment, and the implementation of healthy eating and healthy weights programming and services within the community.
- Communicates and liaises with health unit staff, health and social service professionals, media, educators, agencies, and community at large on nutrition issues.
- Advocates for healthy eating and healthy weights issues in the community.
- Oversees students on placement, peer educators, volunteers, dietetic interns, and professionals in training.
- Assumes a leadership role to achieve priorities outlined in the Sudbury & District Health Unit
- Strategic Plan.
- Builds community relationships through involvement with internal and external committees, task forces, and coalitions.
- Maintains required professional memberships and competencies.
- Registered with the College of Dietitians of Ontario and eligible for a membership with Dietitians of Canada and the Ontario Society of Nutrition Professionals in Public Health.
- Bachelor's degree in food and nutrition or equivalent from a recognized university.
- Ability to work effectively within a multidisciplinary team.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and computer skills.
- Fluency in both official languages is an asset.
- A minimum two years' public health nutrition experience, preferably in family health programming, would be considered an asset.
- Valid Ontario driver's license and access to a reliable vehicle insured as per agency policy because travel is required.
- Satisfactory criminal reference check is required.
Resumés will be accepted until April 17, 2009, and should be sent in confidence to:
Ms. Louise Mitchell, Administrative Assistant, Corporate Services Division
Sudbury & District Health Unit
1300 Paris Street, Sudbury, ON P3E 3A3
email@example.com (Microsoft Word format only)
Tel: (705) 522-9200, ext. 430
Fax: (705) 522-5182
Please include title of the position in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, we will contact only those selected for interviews. The Sudbury & District Health Unit is an equal opportunity employer.
All information is collected solely for the purposes of job selection under the provisions of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.