As a Public Health Inspector, you will conduct be involved in the promotional and enforcement of recognized public health standards, regulations and policies, within an assigned area of the Health Unit. As an employee of this classification, you will inspect a variety of facilities for compliance with relevant federal, provincial or local board of health policies, acts, or regulations. Your duties include performing technical assessments, providing consultative and educational services and ensuring compliance with environmental health legislation, policy and standards.
- Current Certificate in Public Health Inspection (Canada)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Health Protection and Promotion Act and related regulations
- Transportation to meet programming needs.
- Knowledge of Epidemiology and Community Health
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in both official languages an asset
- Computer knowledge
Salary: $63,154- $68,754
Applications will be accepted until April 20th, 2009. Only those candidates selected for
interviews will be contacted. Please apply to:
Manager of Human Resources
Timiskaming Health Unit
421 Shepherdson Road
New Liskeard, ON POJ 1PO
Information concerning applicants is collected under the authority of the Health Protection & Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H-7, as amended, and will be used to consider suitability for employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.