The Region of Peel, comprised of Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon, is a dynamic blend of urban, industrial and residential areas. We are one of Ontario's fastest growing municipalities, delivering a wide range of public health services to over 1,000,000 residents. Peel Region is the first government in Canada to achieve the National Quality Institute's prestigious Canada Awards for Excellence.
If you are a forward-thinking Dental Case Aide striving for excellence and seeking new challenges with an award-winning and progressive organization that values a supportive and respectful environment, teamwork, effective communication, integrity and quality service, consider these contract full-time opportunities at Peel Health within our Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention Division.
Dental Case Aide (Public Health) File #09-188
Number of contracts: 1 for approximately 13 months & 1 for approximately 6 months
As a member of the Dental team who serve thousands of clients in the Region of Peel, you will manage the day-to-day administration of the Children In Need of Treatment (CINOT) and the Region of Peel's Seniors' Dental programs. You will manage and process dental claims; prepare cheque requisitions for treatment rendered; liaise with the public health dentist regarding incoming dental estimates, follow-up with outstanding clients and program criteria; and answer telephone enquiries from community dentists, school officials, parents and other clients regarding dental services. In addition, you will maintain accurate and confidential dental records; perform data entry functions; track program statistics using Excel and prepare other reports as directed.
If you possess:
- Certification as a Dental Assistant along with a minimum of 3 years experience as a dental assistant
- membership in good standing with the Ontario Dental Assistant's Association
- knowledge of technical and professional procedures and standards regarding dental practices in Ontario
- excellent communication (verbal/written) and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with the diverse population within Peel
- strong customer service orientation
- an analytical mind with excellent problem solving skills
- an ability to work in a self-directed manner within a collaborative team environment
- exceptional time management/organizational skills to deal with multiple tasks and shifting/changing priorities in a fast paced environment
- demonstrated and accurate data entry skills with a keen eye for detail
- demonstrated computer skills, with proficiency using MS Office, especially Ms Word and Excel
- public health experience would be an asset, we would like to hear from you.
There is more to a career at Peel; we also offer
- a salary range from $41,042-$51,314
- a comprehensive benefit package for the 13 month contract position
- 4% vacation pay paid by-weekly for the 6 month contract position
- a high tech environment
- mentoring and coaching
- a family orientated environment
- a healthy workplace
- direct links to management and
- a workplace where your feedback is important to us.
To pursue these challenging opportunities, please submit your application online to http://www.peelregion.ca/jobs and select Dental Case Aide (Public Health) File #09-188.
The position is located at 44 Peel Centre Drive in Brampton and it closes on April 28, 2009.
At the Region of Peel, we respect diversity and treat one another in ways that are fair, courteous and compassionate, recognizing everyone's contributions. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.