Pre-Operations Implementation Phase
Posting Date: April 17, 2009
Closing Date: May 1, 2009
The Project Manager or Project Management Firm - Community Health Centre Pre-Operations is responsible for the overall support during the development of the Community Health Centre for a period of four to six months preceding the initiation of service delivery.
Cost of Contract: $35,000.00 to $45,000.00
In co-operation with Board Members, the Project Manager will:
- Identify appropriate sites and plans for leasehold improvements / construction including IT requirements etc. for the two sites of the BQW CHC. This would require the identification of potential community partners through BQW CHC Community Engagement and South East LHIN documents.
- Develop start-up and first year budgets in accordance with South East LHIN guidelines.
- Develop a proposed work plan for the pre-operational phase of the BQW CHC in terms of specific milestones and Project Manager deliverables.
- Begin the process of gathering appropriate / relevant documents to be used by the Board members for Board development and Governance.
- With time permitting - assist in the hiring process for the future Executive Director of the Belleville & Quinte West Community Health Centre.
The Board of Directors will supervise the work of the Project Manager.
- A minimum of 5 years managerial experience of progressive responsibility and a demonstrated capacity to monitor, supervise and bring to completion complex projects that involve multiple partners and expertise.
- A demonstrated commitment to, and knowledge of, community-based health care. Previous experience with Community Health Centres would be considered an asset.
- Thorough knowledge of office administrative practices and procedures, word processing, spreadsheet, data base and financial software packages.
- Knowledge and application of accounting policies and principles, including experience with budget preparation.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, possess excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong knowledge in program planning and delivery, evaluation, community development, health promotion and the social determinants of health.
- Experience in having carried out site planning and leasehold improvements within a health care setting would be an asset.
- An undergraduate degree, or equivalent, in a relevant discipline, with significant project management experience.
- A sound knowledge in business, public or health administration, or human services is desirable.
- A working knowledge of the region would be considered an asset.
- Travel within the catchment area is an expectation.
- Office support to be provided by the successful candidate, including electronic communications, is an expectation.
References: A minimum of two references will be required at the interview stage of the process.
Additional Hiring Details:
The complete job posting information, as well as additional Belleville & Quinte West Community Health Centre information may be found at http://www.bellevillequintewestchc.org.
Send your resume, along with a covering letter outlining how you meet the above experience and requirements to:
Attention Human Resources Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
Human Resources Committee
c/o 56 Orchard Lane
Quinte West, ON K8V 5P4
Please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted for an interview, please have a portfolio prepared, including a brief overview of how you will meet the deliverables outlined above.