Invest in Kids is a national charitable organization dedicated to helping parents become the parents they dream of being. We aim to strengthen the parenting knowledge, skills and confidence of all who touch the lives of our youngest children. Through Invest in Kids' Professional Education and Training, we bring the most current science and practice to professionals, enhancing their knowledge and skills in their work supporting parents. Our training is highly interactive, based on research and best practice, links research, theory and practice and is strategy based. This area of Invest in Kids has experienced fast and significant growth over the last few years and we are planning to continue that growth.
We are seeking a dynamic and confident individual to fill the role of Director, Professional Education.
The Director, Professional Education will support the growth and development of Invest in Kids' Professional Education area as a world class operation. Specifically, the Director will be responsible for the seamless implementation of training and other professional education commitments to our consistent high quality standard. This includes:
- Leading the implementation of all Professional Education activities, including:
- contracts to deliver training and/or develop and deliver other resources for professionals, the professional side of the Invest in Kids' website and newsletter
- Identifying, mentoring and coaching of Invest in Kids Trainers using a leadership model that includes daily briefing after training sessions, team problem solving that is solution focused and skill building in the area of facilitation
- Building positive relationships with appropriate networks within the field and securing training and other contracts.
- Contributing to development of new content, products, curricula and markets for professional education
- Recruiting, hiring, coaching and managing the Professional Education team of coordinators and trainers
- Promoting Invest in Kids products, resources and services
Key External Relationships:
- Public Health Units
- Social Service Agencies and other NGO's
- Professional Organizations
- Agencies (such as federal/provincial government)
Key Internal Relationships:
- Master trainers
- Regional Staff
- Web Team
- Business Development/Brand Management Teams
Qualifications and Skills:
- Degree in Education or Social Services
- Minimum 10 years of combined work experience in adult education, child development and/or service delivery
- Working knowledge of service delivery in education, health and social services for young children and /or their parents
- Experience as a trainer/facilitator with adults using an interactive approach
- Proven track record in establishing and maintaining internal and external relationships for successful outcomes
- Proven track record in managing and mentoring staff effectively
- Familiarity with First Nation populations and their unique needs
- Familiarity with web-based resource development for professionals
- Excellent project management skills, including facility with developing and managing budgets, to deliver on time and with requisite quality
- Superior written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work well independently with minimal supervision;
- Thrives in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office product suite;
- French fluency an asset;
The position is a contract position available immediately and we will consider full or part-time candidates. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
For more information on Invest in Kids and our work, please visit http://www.investinkids.ca.
Please forward your curriculum vitae in confidence to: Anjeza Sheno using one of the following methods:
Mail: Invest in Kids; 425 Adelaide St. W., Toronto, M5V 3C1
Fax: (416) 977-9655
We appreciate the interest of all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing date: May 8, 2009