The Toronto Central Palliative Care Network is a network organization comprised of nearly 30 organizations, agencies and collaboratives that will provide leadership and the structure to facilitate the development of a comprehensive, integrated and coordinated system of hospice palliative care for Toronto Central. The role of the Planner will be to assist in advancing the priorities outlined in the Network's Strategic Plan, specifically, the development of an integration plan and development of a performance management and evaluation framework. This position will be critical in supporting the development of a regional asset map and service and demand projections for Toronto Central region.
- This position will report directly to the Executive Director.
- It will also support the work of a number of the Network's committee.
- Conduct literature searches, retrieval and review in the areas of health system integration, health performance measurement, and hospice palliative care using a variety of databases (EMBASE, MEDLINE, etc.,).
- Collection and analysis of primary and secondary sources of data from a variety of data sources: CIHI, CCAC, hospitals, community organizations.
- Undertake descriptive and inferential data analysis using statistical programs (i.e., SAS, SPSS, other).
- Undertake the development of a database and data analytics of both quantitative and qualitative data (i.e., data coding, etc.,)
- Survey instrument design and application.
- Coordinate and support committee and other meetings (room bookings, minute taking, coordinating speakers/guests, invitations, etc.) and other general administrative responsibilities.
- Provide research and evaluation support to Network committees as required.
- Create summary and analytic reports.
Skills & Aptitude
- Superior computer skills (MS Office, other)
- Strong statistical analysis knowledge and skills.
- Strong inter-personal skills, and capable of working with professionals from diverse backgrounds.
- Superior researching skills (e.g., surveying/ interviewing, data analysis, data reporting).
- Superior communication skills - verbal and written (sample written report requested).
- Good understanding of performance measurement and evaluation.
- Superior project management and organizational skills (capable of development implementation and work plans, addressing risks to project logistics, etc.,).
- Possesses a health science background (must have an undergraduate degree and working towards or have completed a graduate degree, preferably in health sciences, statistics, epidemiology, health administration, or related discipline).
- Possess a minimum of 3 years working experience.
- Familiarity with health systems planning and hospice palliative care desired, but not necessary.
- Able to demonstrate initiative and is self-directed (can work with minimal supervision, is a fast learner and is capable of problem-solving).
Salary: $15 / Hour
Duration and Start Date of Contract: 3 months, possibility of extension, starting last week of May 2009
Please send a cover letter, with c.v. and a sample of a written research / evaluation report (no more than 1MB) no later than May 15, 2009 at noon. (Interviews will begin the week of May 18th for applicants with relevant qualifications - please no calls).