Full-time Summer Position Available
Pending Receipt of Funding from the Canada Summer Jobs Program Notification expected late April.
Family Service Toronto (FST) is a multi-service agency in Toronto. FST strengthens individuals, families and communities through counselling, education, social action, advocacy and community development and works with partners to build a vibrant community social services sector. FST is committed to evaluating the impact of its work with clients and the community. The organization is therefore involved in a number of research and evaluation endeavours. The successful candidate will work as a Research Assistant on a number of these research and evaluation endeavours.
- Research best practices in relation to specific aspects of FST's work via literature review, internet searches and contacts with other leading organizations.
- Prepare written summaries of the literature reviewed.
- Contribute to the implementation of program evaluation projects (data collection and analysis), using a variety of different research methodologies (e.g., interviews, surveys, focus groups).
- Contribute to the organization's work towards accreditation (e.g. revision of policies).
- Assist with data analysis using Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS) and Microsoft Office.
- Assist with special projects and additional tasks as required.
- Psychology or Social Work or related Master's or undergraduate program in progress
- Excellent research skills and experience (Internet, library, on-line journals, and other sources)
- Well-developed writing skills and ability to effectively summarize journal articles
- Familiarity with program evaluation and program logic models is an asset
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, and SPSS
- Accurate keyboarding and proof-reading skills
- Excellent interpersonal, organization, time management, and prioritizing skills
- Must be a self starter, able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Exercise initiative and good judgment with ability to multi-task
- Excellent attention to detail
Salary: $13.55 per Hour
Contract Duration: June 8th to August 28th
Location: 355 Church Street
Hours per Week: 35 Hours
Eligibility: To be eligible to apply for this Canada Summer Jobs position, applicants must:
- be between 15 and 30 Years of Age at the start of the employment;
- have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
- be Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and,
- be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a letter of application and resume, quoting File #SUM26/ 09, to:
Human Resource Services
355 Church Street
Toronto, Ontario M5B 1Z8
Fax (416) 595-2895
Deadline to Apply: No later than May 8, 2009
FST Welcomes Diversity And Is Committed To Equity and Inclusion