Ever wonder how doctors, hospitals and emergency departments communicate with each other to coordinate your health care? How long should a person wait in the emergency department? What role does privatization play in health care? Discover the big picture behind how and why our health care system must continually renew itself, and why we need leaders with the vision and innovative edge the Bachelor of Health Studies offers.
- The School of Health Policy and Management equips students with an in-depth understanding of the health sector by combining insights from such fields as management, information technology, politics, history and medicine, making it a leader in the way health is thought about.
- You can specialize in Health Management, Health Informatics or Health Policy while gaining an integrated understanding of all three areas.
- We offer a foundation in theory and research methods combined with cases drawn from real life.
- Experiential education moves learning beyond the classroom.
- Professors engaged in leading-edge research, position our graduates to enter exciting careers in the health field or graduate work focused on health research.
Application deadlines for Fall 2009 has been extended to August 15th, 2009.
For more information, visit http://www.yorku.ca/web/futurestudents/programs/template.asp?id=570.