Position: Senior Specialist Mission Information
Reports to: Manager, Mission Information
Department: Research, Advocacy and Health Promotion - RAHP
Location: Provincial Office, Toronto, Ontario
Status: Permanent, Full Time
The Senior Specialist Mission Information will be one of two key point persons responsible for ensuring quality control of mission content and providing accurate scientific, health and mission information to various internal and external stakeholders. The Senior Specialist will work closely with various internal and external stakeholders to ensure the delivery of accurate information.
General Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
Mission Content Management and Knowledge Dissemination
- Ensure quality control of science and mission information that supports the core functions of the Foundation by reviewing and approving scientific and mission messaging for statistical and scientific accuracy.
- Support Evaluation Team and the national Science Policy Analyst in statistical and epidemiological analysis and data management.
- Create lay summaries of HSFC/HSFO funded research projects and relay information to fundraising, marketing and sales teams and public relations to support the productization of mission investments.
- Identify and create lay translations of research and health information for various marketing uses, including the support of Mission investments and Telling Our Story.
- Liaise with external creative suppliers as requested by internal stakeholders to approve mission content.
- Work collaboratively with National when creating content for national documents to ensure accuracy and minimize duplication of work.
- Work closely with lateral internal partners to develop presentations targeting various audiences including volunteers, staff members and community groups.
- Support the Associate Manager Research Programs by helping to facilitate the Research Speaker Program, maintain relationships with researchers and recommend speakers for events managed by Parent Brand Marketing, Regional offices and other programs.
- Manage and foster relationships with health information experts and researchers through conferences, community events and other networking venues.
- If required, serve as the Foundation's mission/scientific spokesperson.
Systematization of Mission Content
- Proactively gather and maintain mission relevant information in support of approved and future strategies and directions.
- Work with the Mission Content Team to develop a systematized process to ensure that the SharePoint mission information system is current and meets the needs of internal and external stakeholders.
- Communicate with mission experts (internal and external) to create support for HSFO initiatives and gather accurate mission information on relevant topics.
- Reports to Manager, Mission Information
Key Lateral Relationships
- Senior Science Specialist, Mission Information
- National Writer, Web/Print Publications
- National Editor, Web/Print Publications
- Manager, Parent Brand Communications and Programs
- Senior Manager, Public Relations /Public Affairs
- Manager, Health Information Product Development
- Evaluation Team
- Science Policy Analyst, Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada
- Area and regional offices
- Ability to prioritize multiple requests from mission information seekers in a timely manner while meeting the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Understand and manage scope of position and filter mission queries appropriately.
- Consistent management of mission information.
- Demonstrated interpersonal savvy through working effectively and communicating with a variety of different audiences and stakeholders.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain relationships.
Managing Personal Effectiveness
- Self-motivated and accountable for results through focused attention on achieving goals while positively supporting the needs and goals of others.
- Ability to discuss technical aspects of research projects with stakeholders.
- Demonstrated technical excellence with scientific, statistical and epidemiological analysis and mission messaging.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
Managing the Business
- Proven track record of successful project management.
- Superior customer service skills; able to be customer focused and respond to customers with solutions that are needs-based, effective and measurable.
- M.Sc. or equivalent, experience in cardio/cerebrovascular systems as well as statistical/epidemiological experience.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office programs, including SharePoint. Ability to use SPSS. Ability to learn new programs relative to the tasks assigned.
- Strong editing and writing skills, including writing and reviewing proposals
- Accountable for ensuring quality control of mission content.
- Accountable for providing accurate scientific, health and mission information to various internal and external stakeholders.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your application by June 04, 2009 to:
Heart and Stroke Foundation of Ontario
2300 Yonge Street, Suite 1300
Toronto, ON M4P 1E4
Note to internal applicants: please indicate Internal Application in e-mail subject header.