CIHI is looking for a dynamic individual who has a strong desire to improve health information capacity related to First Nations, Inuit and Métis (FNIM) populations in Canada.
The Senior Program Consultant, First Nations, Inuit and Métis Health Information is responsible for leading the development and implementation of CIHI's strategy related to First Nations, Inuit and Métis (FNIM) health information. The Consultant collaborates with external partners and internal program areas to advance the development of FNIM data and analytic capabilities on a pan-Canadian basis. The Consultant has a key role in FNIM related research and analytic initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads the development and implementation of CIHI's strategy related to FNIM data and analysis.
- Conducts environmental scans and literature reviews to identify current issues and trends relating to FNIM health and FNIM data, research and analysis.
- Liaises and builds partnerships with relevant external contacts/agencies/groups that have an interest in FNIM health, such governments, national and provincial FNIM agencies, health authorities and delivery organizations.
- Identifies and develops opportunities to advance FNIM data and analytic capabilities in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Represents CIHI through participation on external committees, presentations, conferences and other activities.
- Develops and oversees CIHI initiatives focused on FNIM, including advisory committees or working groups.
- Develops corresponding operational plans and budgets related to FNIM activities, and monitors against the approved plans and budgets.
Knowledge and Experience
The successful candidate is a visionary and strategic thinker and will have a graduate degree in epidemiology, health information sciences, social sciences or similar field or equivalent education/experience along with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of the socio-political landscapes and issues facing FNIM populations and experience working with FNIM organizations. In addition, to work effectively within this role, the successful candidate will have an understanding of population based data systems from a research and analytic perspective, experience building partnerships and managing external stakeholder relationships.
Deadline for Submission: June 1, 2009
Interested candidates should apply online at http://www.cihi.ca/careers.
We thank all those who apply, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.