Branch: Health Human Resources and Pharmaceuticals
Reports to: Vice-President, Programs
As a member of the Executive Team, the Director, Health Human Resources and Pharmaceuticals is responsible for providing the vision, strategic leadership and client/stakeholder relationships for the development and production of relevant and timely health information reports and products in the areas of health human resources and pharmaceuticals. This includes the planning, development, maintenance and evaluation of data standards, databases, reporting systems, and analytic reports, as assigned. The Director plays an active role in the development and implementation of corporate strategies and policies in response to the Institute's strategic directions/objectives and business needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership in the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of health information processes/products within the Division; consult and solicit input from clients and partners and provide input/advice into the strategic and operational planning processes.
- Provide appropriate leadership and direction in the management of all resources within the division, including human and financial resources; monitor resources requirements/obligations in accordance with corporate policies/expectations.
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships with the stakeholders to seek ways/means of sharing information and collaborating on projects/initiatives of common value. Design/develop new product proposals as input to corporate strategies/operational planning.
- Monitor the assigned areas of responsibilities and identify health information gaps and opportunities, including international initiatives/reports that focus on the development of health system research and comparative analysis; consult and solicit input from clients and partners and provide input/advice into strategic/operations planning.
- Develop, promote and market products/information as approved. Provide project updates via project management system.
- Develop, enhance and maintain products and reporting systems. Monitor and enhance quality/integrity of assigned products. Ensure that the privacy and confidentiality approach is in accordance with the corporate policies.
- Promote and market the vision and mandate of CIHI, and its staff, programs and services, with clients/partners. Work with stakeholders/client advisory groups as required.
- Develop and implement communication/ education/ knowledge exchange strategies. This includes serving as a spokesperson for CIHI on relevant analytical topics and establishing/monitoring/improving client relationships.
Knowledge and Experience
- A Master's degree in Health or related field, with training in quantitative analysis and information management. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Extensive and progressive senior management experience in information systems development/management/project management. Experience with information analysis/reporting.
- Knowledge of health sector issues/challenges.
- Knowledge of health information data holdings in CIHI and Statistics Canada.
- Ability to communicate in both official languages is desirable.
- Travel required, often within but also outside Canada.
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills.
- Sound management and strong strategic problem solving skills.
- Superior project and priority management/time management skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal, communication and report writing skills.
- Good facilitation/presentation skills.
Interested candidates should apply online at http://www.cihi.ca/careers.
We thank all those who apply, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: June 10, 2009