No deadline noted
Program: Environmental Health
To carry out a general public health inspection program in a designated area through enforcement of the Health Protection and Promotion Act, and the Regulation made thereunder and other relevant legislation. To provide services required under Part VIII of the Building Code and the Regulations made thereunder.
- Education: Bachelor of Science – Environmental Health or equivalent.
- Current certificate in Public Health Inspection (Canada)
- One year related experience, including experience with private sewage systems.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to function independently and as a team member
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Health Protection and Promotion Act and related regulations.
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office) and demonstrated ability to learn new software programs
- Valid drivers license
- Access to a reliable vehicle and public liability and property damage insurance (1,000,000)
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position.
- Proven ability to attend work regularly.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply in writing, 2009, to: Human Resources, KFLA Public Health: firstname.lastname@example.org. Relocation and accommodation assistance are available.
We thank all those who take the time to apply, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.