Deadline July 30, 2009
1 Full time position & 2 Part time positions
New Heights Community Health Centres serve both the Bathurst/ Finch and Lawrence / Heights Communities. As part of an interdisciplinary team, our staff provide a range of clinical and community health services and programs. We are seeking a Registered Nurse Extended Class with a specialty in Gerontology, strong communication and interpersonal skills for our Aging At Home Program team. The Health Centre offers an excellent benefit plan and an opportunity to work to the full scope of clinical practice in a dynamic team environment.
Responsibilities include comprehensive geriatric assessments and delivery of at home primary health care services to frail elderly in the catchment area.
The successful candidate will have:
- Registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario as an RN (EC).
- One –two years nursing experience in community primary health care settings with a specialty in Gerontology is required.
- Experience providing comprehensive geriatric assessments and primary care services in the home is an asset.
- Sound clinical judgment and strong health assessment and diagnostic skills.
- Sound knowledge of health promotion, disease prevention and health maintenance required.
- Sensitivity to the issues of addressing determinants of health in a diverse, urban, low-income community is an asset.
- Experience working with diverse communities is an asset.
- The ability to communicate in Spanish, East African, South and East Asian and or Eastern European languages an asset.
- Strong computer skills required.
- Working knowledge of Electronic health records an asset.
Please apply by email, in writing or by fax by July 30th, 2009 to:
Hiring Committee – NP position, Aging At Home Program
New Heights Community Health Centres
12 Flemington Rd.
Toronto, ON M6A 2N4
Fax: (416) 787-3761
We encourage applications from people who are reflective of the diverse communities we serve.
Only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.